The symptoms of a Kundalini awakening is like a flash of light that briefly illuminates the path before you and shows you the temple or the destination of your journey . However, once is not enough; It is necessary a second time and a third time. You can also reach the destination without the shaktipad, although it may take longer.
In spite of the usefulness of the shaktipad you must also prepare yourself with innate wisdom and be prepared to receive the transmission of the guru. The inner and outer gurus have the same consciousness. By preparing to receive the grace of the inner guru, you establish the connection that attracts the outer guru. “
Symptoms of a Kundalini awakening according to Ravindra Kumar and Jytte Kumar Larsen:
* Warn that not everyone has to experience all or the same symptoms of a Kundalini awakening.
- Vibration of the root center (Muladhara ) ; agitation of the whole body and involuntary inhalation and exhalation of air with loss of control of the body.
- Body trembling, laughter or involuntary crying; coiling of the tongue and, as a consequence of this, deformed sounds, fear and visions that frighten, bristling hair, expulsion of semen.
- Fixed posture and concentration between the eyebrows; circular movement of the pupils and automatic maintenance of breathing in the lungs ( kumbhak ); cessation of breathing; creation of a vacuum in the mind.
- Fixed posture and involuntary arrival of the three closures –root, navel and throat (moolbandha, uddayanabandha and jalandhara band ) – pushing the tongue backwards and raising it towards the palate ( khechri mudra ); Forced stretching of hands and legs.
- Feeling that the spiritual energy is active in the body day and night; concentration of mind that fills the being with happiness and joy; the body begins to shake or shake; constant feeling that the spiritual energy is rising to the crown of mind, whether it is attending to the call of nature, sleeping or dreaming.
- Sensation that the mind and body are possessed by a spiritor a celestial organism, and that under that influence, the body involuntarily performs yogic postures without pain or fatigue and accompanied by a strange breathing.
- Hearing different internal sounds (naad or shabda) ; feeling of absence of the body and experience of vibrations in the spine opening and closing the eyelids without effort; feeling of electric currents that pass through nerves; seizures
- Automatic repetition of mantras all the time, accompanied by waves of blissful beatitude and passage of spiritual currents to the brain.
- Body possessed by some celestial element that begins to rotate like a grinding stone; loss of breath control; Sitting cross-legged, the body becomes immobile like a dead body and you feel as if you have died.
- As soon as you sit with your eyes closed, the members of the body begin to vibrate by force and they begin to emit deformed sounds or sounds like those of different animals and birds.
- When attention is concentrated on the body, the spiritual energy (prana ) begins to flow there, with the nerves shaking as if electricity is passing through them.
- Feeling drunk without taking any drugs;walking like a drunkard and being unable to do any work; walk majestically, lack of interest in speaking or listening to others; a feeling of having drunk the divinity.
- Shaking the body and singing hymns with joy and ecstasy when you are sitting in prayer;music and poetry arise involuntarily; speak unknown languages.
- Maintain a balanced mind, calm in any situation, have an inexhaustible energy; Do not feel tired even after many hours of work; feel the body as light as air, full of joy and optimism, and happy even in dreams.
- Falling during meditation into a sleepy state of mind; feel visions, smells, sounds, tastes, figures, frictions and divine instructions.
- While you are in meditation, you begin to reveal to you the secrets of the futureand the dark senses of the scriptures, eliminating all doubts. You begin to understand spiritual works quickly and gain confidence in yourself, so you do not feel the need to address anyone in search of knowledge, or Brahma himself. You acquire strange oratory powers and influence the audience.
- While you are in meditation you achieve a quick concentration in the eyebrows, the breathing slows down and you immerse yourself in the ocean of bliss. The mudras khechri(tongue pressing the shovel r ) and shambhavi mudra (eyes directed to the third eye), come into action and experience the pleasure of samadhi savikalpa ( samadh i with fluctuations).
- In the mornings and in the afternoons you are regularly burdened with divine influencesand you feel possessed by a celestial element.
Fortunately, a person does not have to have all the symptoms of a kundalini awakening mentioned here. In each person only some of them appear, depending on the temperament, the karma, and the preparation of the individual. For example, if a person has been making the necessary yogic postures as part of a regular practice, upon awakening the kundalini there will be no involuntary posturing, since the person has already fulfilled those requirements. In a person who has lived a natural sexual life upon awakening the kundalini, there will never be excessive warming of the head or other parts of the body.