What are the benefits of practicing Ashtanga yoga?
8 keys to understanding Ashtanga Yoga and its benefits
Ashtanga yoga is a practical yogi that promotes strength, endurance and emotional control. It takes away stress and stimulates the immune system.
The yoga mat very useful while doing yoga. And yoga mat is available in amazon. To buy a yoga mat click this link.
Ashtanga yoga was created millennia ago by the Indian teacher Pattahbi. It is used by millions of people around the world, including celebrities, to achieve good physical fitness and mental well-being. Here are 8 keys to understanding this discipline of yoga. And if you want to know more, check out our book and do not miss the special Yoga in the April issue of the magazine Objetivo Bienestar .
1. Bring together several techniques in one: Ashtanga yoga uses various body and mind exercise techniques. Postures, control of breathing and meditation. We could say that it is one of the most complete types of yoga .
2. In Sanskrit means 8 steps or paths: This type of yoga is practiced through 8 steps: yama, or ethical principles of yoga; niyama or purification; asanas or postures; pranayama or breath control; pratyahara or control of the senses; dharana or concentration; dhyana or meditation and samadhi or contemplation.
3. Work strength, endurance and warmth: Through the asanas, Ashtanga yoga works the whole body. It is an intense exercise and sweats so it helps eliminate toxins accumulated in the body.
4. Benefits body and mind: Because it works the body in a holistic way, the benefits can be grouped into four categories: physical, emotional, mental and intellectual. This influences a better relationship of the individual with himself and with others,also improving the sex life .
5. Emotional control: Asthanga yoga helps control emotions by separating them from feelings. For example, an emotion is a response of our mind to an already recognized situation, for example, jealousy. A feeling is love. With the regular practice of yoga you will learn to feel healthier without causing harm.
6. Mental stimulation: Thanks to the postures practiced in this type of yoga plus the control of breathing, meditation, concentration and visualization, a greater mental clarity is acquired that helps to see the world as it really is.
7. Stress management and disease prevention: Asthtanga yoga allows the practitioner to manage stress so that it does not affect their daily life and may reach its fullness. In addition, it also stimulates the immune system and helps prevent diseases.
8. Suitable for everyone: This oriental discipline is recommended to everyone, even to those people who have never done physical exercise or have no flexibility. Of course, pregnant women should refrain from doing this type of activity or certain positions to avoid harming the health of their future baby.