Yoga for the eyes: essential exercises
This type of exercise for the eyes is something more than ever necessary for people of the 21st century. Driven between the screens of telephones, computers and televisions, the muscles of our eyes are undeniably exploited as ever. This technology of our daily life forces our eyes to focus intensely at a very short distance. But our eyes are not made to be solicited so long and in this way.
This inappropriate use causes vision problems, itching, watery eyes, headaches and other eye symptoms. Worse, it causes premature aging of the eyes and vision.
Fortunately, simple exercises can help relieve and energize the eyes. Several yoga currents, such as the Sivananda, but also some ophthalmologists have incorporated these eye exercises into their recommendations to preserve the youth of the eyes. When practiced calmly, these exercises will help to rest the over-used muscles, reduce tension in the face and eyes, help strengthen the muscles needed for focusing.
In the long term, the yoga of the eyes improves the flexibility of the ocular muscles which will allow them to better withstand the stresses to which they are subjected. It will also preserve their smooth operation despite the passage of time.
Below are the 4 most effective exercises for strengthening the eyes.
1. Oscillations of the gaze.
– Sit down and relax your spine.
– Try to soften your look by loosening the muscles of your eyes and face.
– Without moving your head, direct your gaze towards the ceiling.
– Rotate your eyes clockwise, tracing a circle as large as possible and looking at the objects in your periphery.
– Repeat this movement three times, then close your eyes and relax.
– When you are ready, make the same movement, but this time in the opposite direction.
2. The index focus
The accommodation at the distance is the most frequent movement of the eyes. Attaching an object too long as a screen or wearing glasses can make our eye muscles lazy. This exercise will help correct this trend.
– Standing, motionless and straight body, extend an arm in front and unroll your thumb.
– Never leaving your thumb eyes make a movement back and forth to / from your body.
– Repeat the operation 10 to 15 times.
3. Hands on the eyes.
– Rub your hands together for 10 to 15 seconds until you feel warmth and energy flow through them.
– Then place your hands on the eyes, making sure that the ends of the fingers reach the forehead.
The palms of the hands should touch the cheeks. Do not attempt to touch your eyes directly, just let your hands cover them and keep them out of the light. The darkness and the magnetism of the hands will have a positive energy effect. So let your hands act for several seconds or minutes as long as you feel their effectiveness.
4. Closure of the eyes
– Close your eyes firmly enough for 3 seconds.
– Release the pressure for ten seconds.
– Repeat the process several times.
This exercise causes deep relaxation of the eye muscles. It is ideal at the end of the session.
By practicing these eye strengthening exercises, you will help combat fatigue and premature aging of your eyes. Some people even use eye yoga to keep their eye skills over the years.