Surya Namaskar widely known as the Greeting of the Sun is considered one of the most useful complexes in the practice of yoga. In Sanskrit literature, Surya means “the sun,” and Namaskar means “greeting” or “worship.” Practice consists of 12 asanas that are synchronized with breathing.The ideal time for fulfilling the Greetings to the Sun is the morning . The complex will relieve fatigue, restore the body and refresh the mind. Surya Namaskar is a great opportunity to establish personal relationships with the sun, based on gratitude, admiration and respect. Alternatively, the complex can also be used as an introductory part of any yoga practice .
The Benefits of Practice Surya Namaskar
1. It’s a great way to wake up. Your body is awake. During the practice, each muscle stretches. You seem to tell them a good morning. And the lesson will give you a lot of energy. You will feel self-confidence and strength to cope with daily problems.
2. The Greeting to the Sun improves the digestive system by stretching and compressing the abdominal organs. Yoga poses increase blood flow in the digestive tract and stimulate intestinal peristalsis, which can help those who suffer from constipation.
3. The next benefit of Surya Namaskar is the improvement of blood circulation in the body. In connection with the active process of inspiration and expiration, the lungs are constantly ventilated and the blood remains saturated with oxygen. This is a wonderful way to deoxidize your body, which helps it get rid of excess toxic gases.
4. Complex Greeting the Sun is an excellent helper in the fight against excess weight. Regular practice helps to reduce excess fat in the waist area. Asanas help stretch and strengthen the abdominal muscles. In addition, this practice stimulates the activity of glands of internal secretion. And as you know, the thyroid gland affects metabolism and, as a result, excess weight.
5. The obvious benefit of Surya Namaskar’s practice is muscle training. However, joints, ligaments and the osseous system receive their benefits due to improved posture and balance. The extremities of the body become symmetrical, and the internal vital organs function better.
6. Complex The salutation to the sun helps to improve memory and positively affects the nervous system. Asanas will help to reduce anxiety and will cause a feeling of complete tranquility and pacification.
7. If you are faced with the problem of an irregular menstrual cycle , then the practice of Surya Namaskar will contribute to its recovery.
8. By incorporating in your daily routine the Greeting the Sun you will gain benefits for the skin and hair. Asanas entering the practice, improve the blood circulation, which helps restore blush on the face and prevent the appearance of wrinkles. Your skin will look ageless and radiant. Practice also helps to reduce hair loss, prevents the appearance of gray hair and dandruff.
9. If you practice yoga, you probably notice and know that all asanas are related. The sequence of Surya Namaskar is perfect. It helps to focus and give you inner strength. For example, Tadasana (the pose of the mountain) helps to restore breathing and balance, Uttanasana (tilt to the feet) relaxes and recharges the spine, Chaturanga Dandasana (posture of the staff on four pillars) will make you stronger, Bhujangasana (cobra posture) tones up the spine and opens the chakras.
10.Surya Namaskar is a very ancient and powerful yogic practice. Ancient Rishis (sages in Hinduism) said that different parts of the matter are governed by different divine impulses. The solar plexus is the central part of the body where all our emotions are deposited and which is connected with the sun. The ancient Rishis recommended the regular practice of Surya Namaskar, because it expands the solar plexus and, consequently, enhances the creative and intuitive abilities.
Now you know about the benefits of Surya Namaskar. As mentioned above, morning is considered an ideal time for practice, because at this time it will revitalize the body, refresh the mind and make you ready to solve all the tasks of the coming day. Perform it should be on an empty stomach. However, if you make a Greeting of the Sun in the afternoon, you will also receive an instant charge of energy .