What is guided meditation and what are its benefits?
Before you start a meditation session, have you thought about the best ways to try? Millions of people across the world station meditate in their quest for relief from stress, sore lives and negativity. Meditation provides lasting and effective relief from other means to combat these problems.
The best way to learn something is to reading book through the book we learn many information. So, the lot of books are there to guide How to do meditation. To buy a one of the best book for meditation click this link.
However, you must choose the right form of meditation first. There are so many variations of meditation that a beginner can become puzzled. In addition, it is also important that you choose between solitary and guided meditation.
Shades of Guided Meditation:
As is evident from the name, in guided meditation you will learn the method or techniques of a spiritual leader or guru who is well versed in this form of meditation. He is usually taught in a group. It is needless to say that one form of meditation is better than the other since all types of meditation have more or less the same objectives.
The need to opt for Guided Meditation:
You may need to opt for guided meditation for a number of reasons. These are:
- Some people find it excruciatingly difficult to concentrate and focus while starting a form of meditation. Distractions like thoughts of the past, personal problems or work-related stress continue to distract their minds. To eradicate these distractions while meditating, they may need the advice of a meditation guru or veteran leader.
- In some forms of meditation, such as samarpan meditation, you will need to sing a mantra or word for concentration. There are appropriate ways to sing these hymns or sacred words. Without the advice of a meditation expert, you may not be able to sing properly and get the benefits.
- There are women and men who feel a lack of confidence by trying something new in life on their own. It is caused mainly by low self-esteem. These people should opt for guided meditation. They will feel less worried about their progress and success at respecting meditation techniques.
- Group and guided meditations are taught in meditation centers that are usually located at serene locations. So when you go for their guided meditation classes, you are less likely to be distracted by noise and external factors. These centers provide the disciples with the right environment and setting to learn and practice forms of meditation.
Methods to prevail Guided meditations:
There are different methods for practicing and enjoying guided meditations. These are:
- Presence of a Leader – In most cases, guided meditation, the method is taught by a veteran spiritual leader well versed in this specific genre. These leaders have experience in practice and communicate training for more than a decade or more.
- In the form of a book – You can also buy printed guides for practicing different types of meditations. In this way, you can practice meditation at your home using the appropriate method.
- Audio-Visual Guide – You can easily find CDs or DVDs published by various meditation experts nowadays. By using these digital guides, you can learn the nuances of different methods of meditation at home and, subsequently, try in a proper way.
- Combination of Shapes – In some cases, you may opt for a mixed form of guided meditation. For example, in some meditation centers, some of which in India, followers enroll in courses where recorded voiceovers of leaders are played during practice. They also learn the meditation methods from the leaders personally at certain times.
No matter what type of meditation you choose and practice, personally or in groups, you will end up finding the shades. There are cases of meditation experts who started as disciples of group meditation sessions, developed skills, and later became meditation teachers.