Yoga for Beginners
Let’s immediately determine that yoga is not a religion and not a religion. Yoga is the philosophy of a healthy lifestyle. In the Hindu tradition, for example, it is understood as the science of equilibrium and harmony. Nowadays more and more doctors officially recommend yoga not only as an effective physical activity, but also as an excellent tool in the fight against stress.
When I myself began to practice yoga and introduced this habit, very quickly began to notice the changes. Thanks to practice – and this is about an hour and a half every day – my posture straightened up, my knees stopped popping, I grew up and even looked younger (it seems that the perpetual concern with the face, and with it a couple of “frowning” wrinkles) . But, most importantly, I have become calmer and happier to take this life, although nothing has changed radically in it. What’s the secret?
It is proved that yoga works. This effective and proven practice for centuries affects immediately the physical and subtle body (it is responsible for the emotions and thoughts of a person). Anyone who does yoga becomes healthier and sturdier, feels energized after classes, and can feel a taste for life with new strength. Agree, in the modern world with heavy loads and stresses this is very important. Whatever one may say, alcohol and cakes have side effects, and yoga is absolutely harmless: take at least seven times a week.
Than so useful yoga – we tell the beginner. Here are just 10 items, in fact there are many more:
1. Slows down the aging process
2. Restores the reproductive function of the female body and the potency in men
3. Develops muscle groups, restores flexibility to joints
4. Eliminates back pain, removes curvature of spine, osteochondrosis, salt deposits
5. Due to intensive breathing during exercise, a large amount of oxygen enters the body and all systems start to work more efficiently. There is active ventilation of the lungs and training of the heart.
6. Natural and effective massage of internal organs. And since during practice the muscles of the abdomen are active, the intestine is perfectly cleaned. Yoga excellently removes constipation
7. Heals headache, asthma, arthritis, insomnia, postpartum depression
8. Helps lose weight
9. Gives the whole body and brain deep relaxation and quality rest
10. Entering into yoga classes, meditations help to strengthen the immune system and lower the level of stress.
And I’m not talking about the discovery of new talents. It is proved that yoga helps to reveal them in a person – people suddenly start drawing, singing, composing verses. The benefits of yoga are undeniable and proven by thousands of years of experience.
Contraindications for practicing yoga:
Hypertensive illness, epilepsy, congenital heart disease, cholelithiasis, alcoholic or narcotic intoxication, the period of taking tranquilizers, antidepressants and other psychotropic drugs.
Of course, it’s best if you start to learn yoga exercises not at home, but with a teacher or a more experienced practitioner. First, it disciplines. Secondly, you will be corrected if you do something wrong. And thirdly, classes in the group are the most effective. But if you do not have such an opportunity, you can master yoga yourself.
It will be good if you are ready to practice every day (faster notice changes) or at least twice a week. For the beginner will come down.
If you do not have the opportunity to study with a teacher, then for yoga at home you will need a rug, a blanket to take shelter during rest (shavasana) and water. Water is very necessary. Yoga activates metabolic and purifying processes in the body, so it is so important to drink. But not volley after all the loads, but in small sips after each asana (the so-called poses in yoga).
What else is important to know before you start.
1. Yoga is a complex of exercises (asanas), as a rule, in a certain sequence. Completes the occupation of the pose of rest – shavasana: in it your body must be absolutely still for 10-15 minutes. This time is enough for the body to relax and relax as much as possible, and the brain is overloaded (yes, like a hanging computer).
2. During domestic yoga, you should not feel pain. In general, no! Do not specifically stretch the muscles (this is not a sport!), Bend with strength, pull your legs – and at the same time tolerate. For beginners even more so. You just started working with the body, give it time, and you will soon see how you become more flexible. Learn to listen to your body. If there are any unpleasant feelings – ease the effort or leave gently from the asana.
3. Before starting, it’s best to do a little workout to warm up the muscles.
4. And breathe smoothly, calmly in the asanas! Control your breathing: there should be no delays, breathing in and out as deep and slow as possible. It is very important
They will help you make your home practice as effective and useful as possible:
1. You can do yoga only on an empty stomach. Ideally in the morning, after waking up and a cold shower. Either during the day, but after breakfast or lunch 3-4 hours passed.
2. Yes, practice better in the morning. This is the first news. The second may not like beginners at all, but what to do! Yoga is best done at sunrise – at 5-6 in the morning. Let us explain: when an organism awakens with nature, it receives additional energy and attention, even healing. You yourself will later see how the day after such a “yogic” morning will be completely different. All affairs will be given easily and with joy, there will be strength and desire to do everything. And why accumulate energy at the end of the day? It is better to practice in the morning and all day to get high.
3. Before practicing ventilate the room, you can light a couple of seconds with a incense stick or dilute 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil in water, this will be enough to refresh the air. The floor must be clean. So it is more pleasant to study. Although – someone like it.
3. Clothes for employment. Choose a convenient, preferably cotton and white. You will need socks for relaxation. Immediately take off the chains and watches, bracelets and rings with convex stones, otherwise they will disturb you and can hurt. Girls with long hair need to gather their hair in a bun or put on a hat for yoga. This is not a sectarian element, as some believe. First, she keeps her hair. Secondly, it allows you to concentrate on practice. I will not explain it anymore – this should be tried to understand the difference.
4. Women during menstruation are advised not to use inverted poses (stand on shoulders, plow posture). In the first three days, do not do exercises on the press and active breathing with the stomach (breathing fire). Since all this can increase bleeding. But if it does not bother you, then you can continue these practices – do it more slowly and less in time.
5. During pregnancy, general yoga classes should be replaced with special yoga for pregnant women.
In yoga there are hundreds of asanas. And beginners should not have a goal to master everything at once. Believe me, this is not necessary at all. At first, perform simple poses. As soon as you can stay in them for a long time, it will be easier for you to go to more complex exercises.
So, in yoga there are two basic asanas:
Simple posture. Yoga begins with it. The simple posture has different variations. For beginners, engaged in yoga at home, at first, this is best suited. Sit on the rug, stretching both legs. Place the foot of one leg under the knee opposite, and then place the foot of the elongated leg under the other knee. Pull out the spine and gently push the lower back forward. Keep your back straight. This posture is used when performing twisting and other asanas, breathing exercises and meditation.
Pose of the rock. You have to sit on your knees and heels, your hands are on your hips. The back should be straight. If you feel pain in your ankles – put a blanket or blanket under your buttocks.
The main asanas are:
“The dog is snouting down.” This asana has a second name – the pose of the triangle, which speaks for itself. Start exercises in a standing position. Rest your palms and feet on the floor, your fingers are widely divorced. Feet – on the width of the thighs. From the wrist to the hip, as well as from the hip to the heel, straight lines must pass. The chin is tightened, the neck is stretched. Armpits are deployed to each other. Try not to bend your back. The breathing is smooth and calm.
Effect : this posture improves digestion, reduces pain in the lower back, neck, stretches the muscles, legs, arms and back.
Time:start with 1 minute, bringing the exercise to 3-5 minutes.
“A cat is a cow”. Stand on all fours. Hands are shoulder width apart, fingers pointing forward. Knees are right under the hips. Inhale and pull the pelvis forward, bending the back down (Cow’s Pose), head and neck stretching backwards. Do not damage the neck. Raise your chin as high as you can.
On exhalation the pelvis moves in the opposite direction, the back arches upwards in an arc (Cat Pose), and the chin rests against the chest. All movements should be smooth, the whole spine involved.
Effect: this exercise is very useful. Strengthens the muscles of the neck, restores flexibility and mobility of the spine, improves posture. After a long sedentary work relieves the pain and stiffness of the muscles of the back. Removes total fatigue. Calms and simultaneously tones up the nervous system.
Time: Start with 1 minute, up to 3-5 minutes.
“Cobra”. Lying on your stomach, put the brush under your shoulders, palms pressed to the floor. Start to lift the chest, the head continues this movement as you sag back. Straighten your hands. Do not allow strong back deflection. Pull up the entire surface of the abdomen and chest in the opposite direction. If it is difficult to stand on straightened arms, bend them in the elbows. But strive for an ideal pose. Movements should be calm and uniform, without accelerations and decelerations. Inhalation and exhalation are synchronous with the movement of the body.
Effect: the posture strengthens the deep muscles of the back, prevents the formation of stones in the kidneys. Normalizes the function of the thyroid gland and pancreas.
Time: Start with 1 minute, gradually bringing up to 3 minutes.
Many terms from yoga first seem to you well, very unusual, as from another planet. Do not be afraid of this. In time, everything will become clear and familiar.
Asana. Position of the body or posture.
Aura. The area of energy and consciousness that surrounds the physical body and facilitates the work of 7 energy centers – chakras. The strength of the aura, measured by its radiance and radius, determines the presence of mental problems and the psychophysical integrity of a person.
Yoga.This is the science of how to live. Philosophy of a healthy lifestyle. Connection with your inner self. People who practice yoga, strive for awareness and disclosure of inner happiness. And for this it is not necessary to go to the Himalayan mountains. A true yogi elevates and perfects himself in the conditions of life’s circumstances, without isolating himself from society like monks.
Kundalini Yoga. The kind of yoga that stimulates life force, balances the mind, develops the spirit. It promotes instantaneous clarity.
Meditation. The process of deep concentration, merging with the object or staying in a state of awareness. Meditations release reactions and unconscious habits and form intuition, leading to awareness.
Wise.Literally means “seal”. Usually refers to the position of the hands used during meditation or exercises. These hand positions are used to “seal” the energy flow in the body.
Pranayama. Adjustable breathing exercises.
The point of the third eye or the point between the eyebrows. The sixth chakra or center of awareness, located on the forehead at the point between the eyebrows. Associated with the pituitary gland, the command center. Gives us insight, intuition and the ability to understand the essence of things and the course of events much deeper than the surface vision of things. Therefore, this center is a point of concentration in many meditations.
Chakra. This word literally means “rotating wheels”. Usually so called the 7 energy centers in the aura of a person located along the spine from the base to the top of the head. Each chakra is the center of consciousness with its inherent set of qualities, goals, and power of influence.