Which yoga exercises are good for dialysis patients?
Medical practice shows that with regular implementation of specially designed asanas, the health status of a practitioner who has a kidney disease is markedly improved.
Yoga with various kidney diseases realizes the main concept of yogic practice: through physical exercises to harmonize the inner mood of a person.
Features of yoga practice
The kidneys are responsible for the movement of fluid in the human body, hematopoiesis, brain development and bone strength, hair growth and hearing. Medical research shows that the right kidney in women directs the process of pregnancy and the menstrual cycle, and in men the production of spermatozoa and their quality. The left kidney stores hereditary memory, manages the manifestation of hereditary diseases of the kidney and genitourinary systems.
If there is a dysfunction of the kidneys, the person develops some abnormalities in the brain, insomnia, dizziness, a feeling of constant fatigue, ringing and noise in the ears, traumatic pains in the lumbar region, partial baldness, problems with the health of the teeth, a sharp deterioration of memory and the thinking process itself. In this connection, even in the initial stages of the disease, it is important to do everything in time to restore your lost health.
Specialists who have been studying yoga for years, agree that yoga can be practiced with deviations in the work of the renal system. At the beginning of practice it is important to exclude the appearance of the inflammatory process. If he is diagnosed, yoga in acute kidney disease should be stopped for a while. Yoga for the kidney and bladder is based on the regular alternation of certain postures of the trunk. With these ailments it is recommended to alternate:
- concave postures – in which there is an active absorption of blood in the organs and tissues;
- curved postures – which are characterized by squeezing blood from tissues and organs.
After the alternation of the indicated positions of the body, one should engage in unhurried inclinations to the sides, which helps to improve blood supply to the kidneys.
It is important to note that yoga with a strong omission of the kidney can be carried out by the patient after complex therapy and excluding a possible period of acute exacerbation. Before starting the practice, it is recommended to complete a course of cleaning these organs from sand and stones.
Recommended set of exercises
Before starting the asanas for the treatment of the kidneys, it is recommended to lie on your back and relax your muscles. If there is any discomfort, fatigue or painful sensations, the occupation should be postponed to another time. For practicing yoga from kidney stones, it is advised to purchase a special device: bolster. This is the name of a small cushion that helps to relieve the excessive load on the back and organs of the abdominal cavity.
Yoga with the omission of the kidneys suggests the same set of exercises as with other kidney diseases. This disease is treated using specially designed corsets, which contribute to the adoption of the correct position of the organs of the renal system. Strong physical activity when omitting the kidneys is not recommended, yoga practice is the best choice of patients with this disease.
- Buddha konasana
- Uddiyana Bandha
Practice for the kidneys and adrenal glands includes the following set of tasks:
- The pose of a dying star or Buddha Konasana. To perform yoga asana for the kidneys and adrenal glands take a sitting position on a flat horizontal surface. The legs should be bent at the knees, the feet easily touch each other. Collect a full chest of air, at exhalation make an inclination to the feet. Hold your arms around your feet. Knees should touch as hard as possible to the floor, which helps stretch the calf muscles. In the accepted position to be not less than 20 minutes, then straighten and completely relax.
- Yoga with kidney disease involves the regular performance of the pose of a fighting bow or Dhanurasana. This asana has a stimulating effect on the work of the lower abdomen, it improves digestion. Starting position: lying on stomach. Hands clasp your raised and slightly bent legs. Neck to pull out, eyes to look at the ceiling. To asana had the most effective effect, it is recommended to sway in this position, leaning forward, then back.
- If a practitioner has kidney stones, he should pay attention to the posture of a flexible creeping snake or Bhujangasanu. Thanks to the regular execution of this asana from the kidneys begin to go out sand and stones. To perform it, lie on the stomach, palms are located at the chest, pointing down. The practitioner picks up the full chest of the air, whilst lifting up. The body should bend well in the lumbar region, the head stretches to the ceiling. Breathing is recommended to be delayed for about a quarter of a minute, with an exhalation slowly return your body to its original position.
- Yoga for the kidneys includes a pose of a sturdy staff. The practitioner takes a sitting position, his feet are brought together. You need to take a deep breath in full breast and make a strong lean forward. Cave should not be in the lumbar region, but in the pelvic area. In this position, be 30 seconds, then take the original posture.
- Pose of a curved staff. Lie on your back, hands are at the level of the practitioner’s head. Collect a full chest of air and lift the maximum trunk up, holding yourself with your hands and feet. The head should touch the horizontal surface. Hold on in this position for a minute. Then return the body to its original position.
- To perform the next position of yoga for the treatment of the kidneys, you need a bolster. Adopt the sitting position in such a way that the tight bolster rests against the practitioner’s sacrum. Legs bend and connect the feet together. It is very important to be able to push your legs to the pelvis as much as possible. Then slowly sink to the bolster without lifting the pelvis from the horizontal surface.
- An effective position is the pose, which is called Uddiyana Bandha or the lifting of the abdomen. This task must be performed without sharp hurried movements. Starting position: standing, legs set approximately on the width of the practitioner’s shoulders. Collect a full chest of air, raise your hands up towards the sun. Exhale need not hurrying, trying to completely get rid of air in the lungs. With an exhalation, slowly lower your hands to your hips. To sustain a pause after an exhalation. The stomach as much as possible is drawn into the spine, the head is lowered to the chest. Straighten your neck and breathe again slowly. Asana to repeat several times.
- Pose yoga for kidney disease bent plow. For her execution, lie on your back on the gym mat. On inhaling, raise your legs and unhurriedly lower them by the shoulders. Lie down about 15 seconds, then exhale and put your feet on the mat.
With regular exercise of these exercises for the kidneys and bladder, the practitioner’s condition will improve significantly. But it is important to remember that yoga with kidney diseases is advised to engage in at least 20 minutes every day, and only then a month of training can we observe the current therapeutic effect.