How can you build up arm strength for yoga?
Today I give you another of the classes I have prepared for my yoga students in Denia . As for the asanas I leave you two variants of sequences, you can do the one that feels best to you according to your physical and mental state of the moment of the practice. In this link you can see important tips to keep in mind in your yoga practice at home.
THEME OF THE CLASS: STRENGTH AND STRETCH IN YOUR ARMS AND FLEXIBILITY FOR CHANGE
Emotionally, the arms represent our ability and our aptitude to embrace the experiences and experiences of life. The arm has to do with the skills, and the forearm with the skills. In the joints we store the old emotions, and the elbows represent our flexibility to change direction. Think for a moment if you are flexible to change direction in life, or if on the contrary the old emotions keep you stuck in one spot.
New mental model: With love, naturalness and joy I welcome and embrace my experiences.
- exercises for the neck: Griva sanchalana
- Stretch column forward, column back with breathing, easy posture.
- 6 laps of Sun Salutation
- strength sequence in the arms (short version or stronger version).
- bending forward
- the sail, the plow, the fish
SEQUENCE STRENGTH IN THE ARMS, SHORT VERSION
SEQUENCE STRENGTH IN THE ARMS, STRONGER VERSION
PRANAYAMA AND BREATHING CONTROL TECHNIQUE
Viloma Anuloma Phase 2 : Alternative respiration without respiratory retention.
Inspire for the left nostril for three seconds, open the right nostril, cover the left with the ring and exhale on the right for six seconds. Inhale through the right nostril for three seconds, open the left nostril, cover the right with your thumb and exhale on the left for six seconds. Repeat the exercise three more times. The ratio is 1: 2.
– Excellent control over prana or vital energy in all its forms and functions is achieved; the energy channels are purified; the energy in the energy centers is harmonized.
– Attention and concentration develops.
– The glandular system is balanced.
– Organic humors are harmonized: lymph, blood, air, and so on.
– The neuromuscular tension is eliminated and the nervous system is sedated.
– It is prevented against psychostenia, stress and anguish.
– The respiratory system is sanitized.
– The lungs are strengthened and the pulmonary alveoli benefit.
Capture the point of encounter between inhalation and exhalation and vice versa: Breathing naturally, withdraw the mind from everything to connect it with the breath. Free of ideas and tensions, follow the course of inhalation and exhalation with great attention. But still pay more attention, if possible, to try to capture – that is, to notice – the fleeting moment in which the inhalation melts or encounters the exhalation and the exhalation merges or converges with the inhalation.
That is to say, you must remain very attentive to perceive the course of inhalation and exhalation and, in a very special way, the confluence between inhalation and exhalation and exhalation and inhalation.
Lie in Savasana’s posture and prepare to relax about 10 minutes body, mind and soul. Take a mental tour of your entire body and see releasing, relaxing completely. Then focus your attention on the abdominal breathing, and feel the air fill your abdomen when you inhale, and release it until it compresses slightly as you exhale.
Enjoy that moment of relaxation, peace and well-being. Feel your body, your breathing, your mind more calm and calm. And in the end, thank yourself for the time you have devoted to yourself, and remember the subject of the class again. Maybe now you feel a little more prepared to face the changes.