How can you do kundalini yoga for beginners?
What is the practice of kundalini yoga? First of all, this is a certain level of concentration, a lot of asanas, breathing exercises, expression in the movements and special utterance of words.
The best way to learn something is to see how others do it. So, the lot of DVD’s are there to guide How to do kundalini yoga. From this DVD you learn kundalini yoga. To buy a DVD click this link.
The main importance is attached to asanas and movements that can not be perceived as classical exercises to maintain their form.
Features of kundalini yoga technique
- Closed eyes .
- Concentration of consciousness(most often, on the sound of breathing).
- Pose of crossed legs.
- Direct (as a rule) position of the spine .
- Different methods of breath control .
The key difference between kundalini and other practices is that attention is mainly paid to the movement of vital energy through the chakras and the stimulation of this energy in the lower chakras for direction to the high chakras. Chakras are energy centers (there are seven of them, the main ones) in which human energy is concentrated. They are located from the base of the spine to the very top.
The purpose of kundalini yoga practice
According to the teachings, kundalini is also called yoga of awareness . The essence is the concentration on self-knowledge and the achievement of the experience of higher understanding, the exaltation of the spirit without any boundaries. In the understanding of Yoga Bhajan, kundalini is yoga for family and working people, unlike those “classics” of yogis, whose choice was absolute withdrawal from people and celibacy. The main objectives of kundalini practiceare:
- In the full awakening of the potential of consciousness.
- In recognition of consciousness , its purification and expansion to infinity.
- In purification from the inner duality inherent in man .
- In gaining strength for deep hearing , encouraging tranquility within oneself and helping to achieve higher results in matters.
Kundalini Yoga. Exercises
Asanas for relaxing and getting rid of negativity in thoughts:
- “Meditation”. Equalizing the balance of male-female energy. Accept the lotus position, the back is straight, the hands – in the prayer mudra. The eyes are closed, the gaze is fixed at the point between the eyebrows. The duration is three minutes, during which the mantra “ohm” is mentallyrepeated.
- ” Strengthening the ego . ” Getting rid of anger and envy by working on the third chakra (the center of the ego). Legs – in any position (one of the options – padmasana). Hands – up sixty degrees. All fingers, except large ones, are pinched. The eyes are closed, the gaze, as in the previous version, is at the center between the eyebrows. A sharp exhalation, after inhaling through the nose. When exhaled, the stomach retracts. Duration – three minutes in this position.
- “Halasana . ” Preservation of plasticity and flexibility of the spine, strengthening of the dorsal muscles, elimination of fatty deposits in the lower abdomen. The position is on the back, hands are stretched along the body, palms to the floor, legs together. Legs rise, head behind, so that the socks touch the floor. Knees do not bend at the same time. If the pose is impossible to implement – the legs are kept parallel to the floor. Time for a pose – at least a minute.
- “Surya Namaskar.” Disclosure of the heart chakra for the flow of divine love. Breathe in the hands raised up. The head and arms are retracted, the body flexes in the same direction. Each movement is carried out as smoothly as possible. On inhalation – tilt forward.
- “Pashchimotanasana”. Reduction of fatty deposits in the abdomen, strengthening of the stomach fire. Position – sitting on the floor (rug). The legs are stretched, the body bends forward. The thumbs of the toes are gripped by the hands, the head falls on the knees. Hands are free, not tense. Breathing lingers on exhalation.
Asanas, bringing success and happiness
The appointment of asanas is the release of the mind from the old emotional blocks , the healing of the body. To achieve maximum effect, it is recommended to eat light foods, use melons throughout the day. Asanas are practiced for forty days, every night.
- The goal is to open the lungs, improve the digestive process, release from pain at the emotional level. Position – sitting, legs crossed, back straight. Eyes are open. The back sides of the palms rest on the knees, the elbows are not tense. The hands go up and back as far as they can, as if you are trying to throw something behind your back. Simultaneously with the “throw” – exhalation through the mouth with popping tongue. The return of hands to the starting position is carried out with a deep breath, the tongue also returns to its place. Exercise time – from six to eleven minutes. At the end – a deep breath, holding your breath for twenty or thirty seconds and simultaneously pressing the upper sky with the tip of the tongue. Exhalation. Two repeated cycles of exercises.
- The goals are to consolidate the feeling of joy and happiness in the aura. Position – sitting. The back is straight, legs crossed. Hands stretched above the head, elbows do not bend, palms – forward, drawn thumbs look at each other. Eyes are rolled up. The rotational movements are carried out by the hands, as in the description of circles (if viewed from below – the right hand moves counter-clockwise, the left hand – vice versa). Synchronization of movements is not important, stopping is undesirable. The exercise time is eleven minutes. In the end – exhalation, stretching the arms and head to the sky, stretching the spine.
- Objectives – increasing the volume of the lungs, combining the work of both hemispheres of the brain , balancing the subtle energies in the main channels of the body. Position – sitting. The back is straight, legs crossed. The right nostril is closed with the thumb of the right hand, all the other fingers should look up. Exhalation is carried out through the left nostril. Then the position of the fingers changes: the left nostril is closed with the index finger from the right hand, and through the open right nostril the exhalation is carried out. Exercise time – from three to eleven minutes.
- Objectives – the distribution of respiratory energy in the central canal of the spine , fixing the effect of all exercises, awakening the ability to self-healing. The legs are crossed, the back is straight, the position is sitting. Knees tightly grasped hands. Next – the slope forward with an exhalation and a straight back. With an inspiration – straightening to the starting position. Time for exercise (deep breathing and smooth rhythm) – from three to eleven minutes. At the end – exhalation and tension of the whole body at the same time as breathing. The whole body should be shaking for at least fifteen seconds, after which the entire course is repeated four times.
Kundalini Yoga. Recommendations for beginners
- Before you begin , read the contraindications .
- Start classes at your own pace , try not to lead to unpleasant, painful sensations in the region of the joints, feet, spine, waist.
- Put in the rugs , rugs, pillows.
- Gradually increase the time of classes.
- Before you start a new exercise, relax with a flat back in sitting (breathing even), or lying down.
- If the exercise is difficult – it should not be done entirely, but it is also not recommended to refuse – at least once or twice.
- Protective mantras that sing before exercises, even if they do not really believe in them.
- Listen to your body , trust the innate instinct of self-preservation.
- Choose free (preferably white) clothes for classes . Natural fabrics, lack of rigid parts.
- To avoid injury, remove all ornaments in advance .
- Drink water (little by little) during classes. It helps to remove toxins, prevents the appearance of a headache. The day before classes, it is recommended to drink up to two liters of still water.
- Given that yoga kundalini helps to increase blood pressure, you should not use coffee before classes. Just like taking food (you can eat, at least three hours before classes).
- Exercises on the press (in particular, abdominal breathing) and inverted postures during menstruation are not applied. During pregnancy they switch to a special yoga for expectant mothers .
- It is unacceptable to combine yoga with alcohol, tobacco, coffee and drugs .
- If you have various problems with the spine, you should consult an instructor to choose the optimal exercise options.
- Mantras are an integral part of meditation . They help cleanse the subconscious and release its hidden resources.
- Let in a light light energy when you inhale, release the exhalation tension.
- Do not try to suppress your thoughts, escape from them or give them any significance. Let them just be.
Contraindications for yoga kundalini
- Narcotic (alcoholic) intoxication.
- Reception of tranquilizers or antidepressants.
- Congenital heart defect.
Also, you should consult a specialist if you:
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Severe stress or depression.
- Episodic fainting and dizziness.
- Hypotension, hypertension.
- Postponed serious injuries.
- Allergy to odors, dust.