Yoga for Beginners: Basic Rules of Occupation
Do you want to start yoga at home and are looking for a simple and understandable guide for this? You found it! We will talk about the basic principles of yoga for beginners, and also teach how to do basic exercises (asanas).
- Suryanamaskarasana or the Pose of Worship of the Sun
- The Chuturanga Dandasana or Staff Pose
- Shalabhasana or Locust Locus
- Vrikshasana or the Tree Pose
- Sarvangasana or Pose Candles
- Savasana or the Dead Pose
What is yoga?
I’m sure you’ve heard about yoga many times. And, for sure, you know that this is an ancient Indian spiritual practice aimed at finding harmony of body and soul, and not just a popular trend in fitness. There are many directions and branches in yoga, but the essence is one: we learn to hear and feel our body and soul better. Of course, to understand all the subtleties of yoga, you can not do without a wise and experienced mentor. But if yoga for you is an alternative to sports training, you can do it on a special carpet at home.
Useful tips for beginners
- To be engaged is better in convenient sports clothes (for example, leggings and a vest) on a rug and necessarily barefoot (as a last resort, in носочках).
- Make a schedule and try to stick to it. For example, you can set a reminder in your phone: “It’s time to do yoga.” Or to agree with the girl-friend to be engaged together – so it will be easier to each other to motivate.
- The room should be clean, ventilated, but not cold. If you are at home, be sure to regularly my floor, so as not to breathe dust.
- Conducting classes are recommended on an empty stomach, so it’s easiest to practice the morning before breakfast. But if it’s more convenient for you to do exercises in the evening, wait after dinner for a couple of hours.
- If in any poses you feel discomfort, replace them with others. Yoga should not be a source of stress, because it contradicts the very essence of the class.
- Do not try to stand for a long time in each pose. Start with a comfortable time for yourself, and then gradually increase the load.
- Start each session with a warm-up to warm your muscles well. For this you can use our complex of exercises .
- Do not practice yoga for exacerbation of chronic diseases, colds, flu and fever. This is dangerous for health.
- But during menstruation, you can do yoga. Moreover, the exercises will help ease the pain. Just choose a convenient remedy: thin Always patches or Tampax swabs that will not clamp your movements.
Exercises for Beginners
Click on the arrows to find out everything!
SURYA NAMASKARASANA OR THE POSE OF WORSHIP OF THE SUN
In the morning, this asana energizes, and in the evening relieves fatigue and improves sleep.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart, arms lowered along the trunk.
- Slowly inhale and slowly lower the body down with arms outstretched, trying to reach them to the floor.
- Hold in this position for 20-30 seconds, and then slowly extend.
- Return to the starting position.
THE CHUTURANGA DANDASANA OR STAFF POSE
This asanu is often called the “bar”, and it perfectly strengthens almost all muscle groups, especially the press, hands and back. But in order to achieve the effect, it is very important to follow the technique of implementation:
- Lie on the mat face down.
- Bend your arms in the elbows and put your palms on the floor at the chest level, pointing your fingers forward, spread your legs about 30 cm apart.
- On exhalation lift the body, resting on the floor with your toes and palms. The body should be parallel to the floor, making a straight line from the top to the heels.
Ideally, yoga should be at least 15-20 minutes a day. Or at least 2-3 times a week. But certainly not from time to time, under the mood. Do not be lazy and skip training, the result will not keep you waiting. In a couple of months you will notice that you have become more flexible, slimmer and more enduring. If you have problems with sleep, there will be no trace left of them, and, what is most pleasant, you will be practically impossible to get out of balance, because calm and harmony will reign in your soul.