Salamba Sarwangasana with a chair and bolester
In the classic version Salamba Sarvangasana back is supported by arms and shoulders, which is quite difficult. This adapted version by the use of the chair is carried out easier and stress-free, and its regular practice is useful for the entire body. Asana recommended in recovery from serious diseases.
To perform this asana will need a chair, cushion and blanket. Chair supports the body, eliminates stress and helps to keep the balance. Due to the fact that you hold hands behind his back legs, the chest remains straightened. Roller, on which fall the neck and shoulders, helps people with inflexible neck. And thanks to the quilt edge of the seat without crashing behind you.
1. Lay on the floor, parallel to the front legs of the chair, cushion chair seat cover and a folded blanket so that it hangs slightly sperednego edge of the seat. Sit on a chair side chest to his back, grasp her hands and in turn put at her feet. Lower hands below, neotryvayas them from the back of the chair, and slide closer to her buttocks.
2. Lower the back to seat level and place your elbows in it. Holding on to the back of the chair, move your buttocks closer to the front edge of the seat and lower the shoulders to roll, and head on the floor. In turn, spend hands behind the front legs of the chair and hold the back of his legs. Straighten your legs and 1 minute Hold this position.
3. Rest your head on the floor, but leave the neck and shoulders on the platen. Grab hold of the side faces of the seat, closer to the rear edge. Knees bent, lower the upper bound on the back of the chair foot. Buttocks must lie on the front edge of the seat.
4. Keep your hands on the seat, straighten the legs on stage. Pelvis, lower back and waist should be based on the front edge of the seat. Lift the thoracic spine and shoulder blades and firmer grasp the seat. From the groin down to the toe pull out the insides of the legs and hips inside the screw. Without straining the neck and holding her breath, stay in this position until feel comfortable.
With an exhalation, lower your feet back and gently move the chair by himself. Slide the lower back and pelvis on the roller and, without getting up a few minutes rest. Turn on the right side, slide down from the roller and sit on the floor.
- It helps fight stress and nervous disorders
- It helps with hypertension and insomnia
- It reduces the pulse frequency during palpitations
- It improves the functioning of the thyroid and parathyroid glands
- It helps with cervical spondylosis and pain laments
- It is useful in bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis and congestion
- Prevents varicose veins
- Helps in the treatment of ulcers, colitis, chronic constipation and hemorrhoids
Precautions and contraindications
This asana is not recommended for migraine and stress related headaches, as well as during menstruation. Make sure that when it is executed to the shoulders do not slide with a roller, as this could lead to it being crushed or damaged.
From the book by BKS Iyengar’s “road to health”