In the classic version of Salamba Sarvangasana or Sarwangasana, the back is supported by arms and shoulders, which is quite difficult. This adapted version by the use of the chair is carried out easier and stress-free, and its regular practice is useful for the entire body. Shoulder stand yoga is among the essential yoga Asanas which might bring lots of health advantages.
Benefits of Sarwangasana or Sarvangasana
Sarwangasana or sarvangasana is among the innovative yoga Asanas characterized with numerous health benefits.
- This asana is highly recommended in recovery from serious diseases like insomnia, liver disorders,diabetes, constipation,asthma and varicose veins.
- Sarwangasana is also efficient to treat shrinking of skin tightness, it revitalizes the skin and minimizes wrinkles.
- Sarwangasana likewise cleanses blood for this reason the issue of leukemia and such other illness which is triggered due to the pollutant of blood can be treated.
- Constant practice of this yoga position lighten up the vision and likewise assists to alleviate your spiritual journey.
- This posture assists your urinary bladder to work effectively and not just that it treats kidney conditions too.
- This asana is likewise utilized by many individuals to renew their lost strength.
- Practicing shoulder stand yoga or Sarwangasana frequently assists to tone your body and keep the weight under check.
- Sarwangasana is likewise effective to treat a hernia.
- This posture also normalizes your blood pressure.
- Sarvangasana keeps an excellent blood flow throughout the body thus it assists in much better erection and sexual health.
- This yoga asana assists in dealing with thyroid and throat conditions.
To perform this asana, you will need a chair, cushion and blanket. Chair supports the body, eliminates stress and helps to keep the balance. Due to the fact that you hold hands behind your back legs, the chest remains straightened. Roller, on which fall the neck and shoulders, helps people with inflexible neck. And thanks to the quilt edge of the seat without crashing behind you.
How to do Salamba Sarwangasana or Sarvangasana with a chair and bolester
1. Lay on the floor, parallel to the front legs of the chair, cushion chair seat cover and a folded blanket so that it hangs slightly on the edge of the seat. Sit on a chair side chest on your back. Lower your hands below from the back of the chair, and slide closer to your buttocks.
2. Lower the back to seat level and place your elbows in it. Holding on to the back of the chair, move your buttocks closer to the front edge of the seat and lower the shoulders to roll, and head on the floor. In turn, hands behind the front legs of the chair and hold the back of the chair’s legs. Straighten your legs and in 1 minute hold this position.
3. Rest your head on the floor, but leave the neck and shoulders on the platen. Grab hold of the side faces of the seat, closer to the rear edge. Knees bent, lower the upper bound on the back of the chair foot. Buttocks must lie on the front edge of the seat.
4. Keep your hands on the seat, straighten the legs on stage. Pelvis, lower back and waist should be based on the front edge of the seat. Lift the thoracic spine and shoulder blades and firmer grasp the seat. From the groin down to the toe pull out the insides of the legs and hips inside the screw. Without straining the neck and holding your breath, stay in this position until you feel comfortable.
With an exhalation, lower your feet back and gently move the chair. Slide your lower back and pelvis on the roller and, without getting up a few minutes rest. Turn on the right side, slide down from the roller and sit on the floor.
Other Beneficial Effects of Sarwangasana
- It helps fight stress and nervous disorders
- It helps with hypertension and insomnia
- It reduces the pulse frequency during palpitations
- It improves the functioning of the thyroid and parathyroid glands
- It helps with cervical spondylosis
- It is useful in bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis and congestion
- Prevents varicose veins
- Helps in the treatment of ulcers, colitis, chronic constipation and hemorrhoids
Precautions and contraindications of Sarwangasana
This asana is not recommended for migraine and stress related headaches, as well as during menstruation. Sarwangasana must not be practiced by individuals who are experiencing Cervical Spondylitis, bigger thyroid, pregnant ladies, weak blood vessels in the eye, liver or spleen, slipped disc, hypertension or heart diseases. Make sure that when it is executed the shoulders should not slide with a roller, as this could lead to injury.